With the recent rise in kitchen renovations in Brisbane, we have noticed that some makeovers are more popular than others. Many homeowners want a complete kitchen renovation giving themselves a brand new dream kitchen to suit their lifestyle, whilst others just want to update their appliances, lighting or benchtops.
If you have been waiting for the right time to renovate your kitchen, whether it’s a full makeover or just a small update, it’s always good to know what’s trending. For 2019 kitchen makeovers the main focus is on mixed palettes, textures and an industrial feel with a move away from white minimalist styles to more drama and personalisation.
Here are five of the most popular trends for kitchen renovations in Brisbane.
- Pastel palettes: With the move away from whites, we have been noticing the introduction of more muted, pastel colours for the cabinetry in kitchens. Kitchen colours are still light and bright, but are no longer a stark clinical white, but now have a fresher and softer palette.
- Timber tones: On the other hand, we are also seeing more timber kitchens being installed, introducing a more organic and warm feeling into the kitchen. Neutrals, golds and lots of textures give a more Bohemian ambiance to the heart of the home and we expect this trend to be one of the most popular kitchen renovations in Brisbane as we move into 2019.
- Industrial effects: Polished concrete benchtops are really starting to take off as well, but we are also noticing concrete effect finishes on cabinetry matched with silver or black metal and open style metal shelving.
- Pastel appliances: SMEG is a good example of colourful appliances, but now there is a trend away from the more bold colours to a more muted or pastel palette. Muted pinks, greens and blues are becoming more popular, particularly for the top of the line SMEG fridges that also offer a touch of the 50s to our kitchens.
- Mixed metals: At one time, mixing metals was a style blooper, but now with an emphasis on personalisation, it seems that anything goes! Mixing brass with gold and silver is now more of a fashion statement and works well for taps, handles, sinks and even ovens
Contact JEB Built for the best kitchen renovations in Brisbane ! Call us on 0431 065 019 or send us an email for a free quote today.