Notice: Undefined variable: image_url in /home/447167.cloudwaysapps.com/rcmnqmvwae/public_html/wp-content/plugins/free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle/public/class-free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle-public.php on line 1021
Notice: Undefined variable: image_height in /home/447167.cloudwaysapps.com/rcmnqmvwae/public_html/wp-content/plugins/free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle/public/class-free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle-public.php on line 1022
Notice: Undefined variable: image_width in /home/447167.cloudwaysapps.com/rcmnqmvwae/public_html/wp-content/plugins/free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle/public/class-free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle-public.php on line 1023
When building or renovating, you may be considering if you should install insulation and whether it is a worthwhile investment. But there really should be no question: insulation is the most simple and economical way to reduce energy consumption in your home. In Australian climates, insulation is critical to maintaining a cool home in summer and a warmer home in the cooler months.
What are the advantages of insulation?
- Savings on electricity bills – Insulation helps maintain a pleasant indoor temperature which means you won’t be needing artificial heating and cooling as often. With less use of the air conditioner and heater, you will see savings in your power bill.
- Greener home – Less power consumption is not just good for the wallet, it is also better for the environment. Insulating your home is one of the major steps you can take towards having a greener home.
- Environmentally friendly products – The range of insulation available these days means you can choose a product that is kinder to the environment. Some products are made from recycled materials and other, such as knauf earthwool insulation are made from renewable bio-based materials instead of petroleum-based chemicals.
- Healthier products – Nowadays you can get a range of insulation products that are made with the health of your family in mind. For example, knauf earthwool contains no dye or artificial colours and polyester insulation contains no breathable particles, making it a good choice for those who have asthma or other dust allergies.
- Soundproofing properties – All insulation will make a difference to the acoustics in a home, but sound insulation is specially designed to have soundproofing qualities. With thicker and more dense insulation material, sound insulation can help create a peaceful and private indoor environment.
- Non-flammable properties – Some types of insulation such as knauf earthwool have non-flammable properties, and others such as James Hardie and Bradford Fireseal are considered ‘fire-proof’ because they help reduce the spread of fire.
- Long-term investment – Once insulation is installed in a house, it will likely last the lifetime of the home and no maintenance is required. So even if it may seem like a significant financial investment at the outset, you will reap the benefits for decades to come.
- Increased home value – Since insulation brings so many benefits, a home that has it installed will naturally increase in value. If you are building or renovating, it would be unwise to not insulate your home properly.
What are the disadvantages of insulation?
The disadvantages of insulation usually arise due to poor installation or sub-quality materials. Some insulation types, particularly those made of fibreglass, can be itchy to touch while others can be difficult to cut or fit into hard to reach places.
If you want to avoid the disadvantages of insulation, you should consult a professional who can point you in the direction of high-quality insulation products to suit your needs