Notice: Undefined variable: image_url in /home/447167.cloudwaysapps.com/rcmnqmvwae/public_html/wp-content/plugins/free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle/public/class-free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle-public.php on line 1021
Notice: Undefined variable: image_height in /home/447167.cloudwaysapps.com/rcmnqmvwae/public_html/wp-content/plugins/free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle/public/class-free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle-public.php on line 1022
Notice: Undefined variable: image_width in /home/447167.cloudwaysapps.com/rcmnqmvwae/public_html/wp-content/plugins/free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle/public/class-free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle-public.php on line 1023
If you’re in need of a new roof, then you can expect to pay a decent chunk of change for a roof replacement. Fortunately, if the roof replacement is done by a reputable professional, your new roof should average not only last for decades, it could very well add to the value of your property, making your initial investment well worth the cost.
The Average Cost of Replacing Your Roof
One thing to keep in mind is that there are several types of roof replacement services. For example, if your shingles need to be replaced, you might be able to simply install new shingles over the existing shingles. Because this requires less labor, it’s generally less expensive. However, this process comes with its own set of drawbacks; for example, the roof won’t last as long and the deck will be more difficult to inspect.
If your planning on tearing off your existing roof and installing a completely new roof, then the cost is going to depend on a number of factors. However, it’s worth noting that the average American homeowner spends roughly $6,600 for a new roof installation. In some cases, you might spend as little as $3,000 and in others, as much as $15,000. It all depends on a number of factors.
What Determines the Cost of a Roof Replacement
The following are the different factors that will affect the final cost of your roof replacement:
- The size of your roof – The bigger your roof is, the more material is going to be needed to install your roof and the more labor is going to be required for both tearing off the existing roof and installing the new roof.
- The pitch of your roof – Flat roofs are much easier to install than sloped roofs. In fact, the steeper your roof is, the more complicated it will be to install your new roof. Not to mention that the steeper it is, the more material will need to be used. These factors combine to make a roof replacement more expensive the stepper your roof is.
- The features of your roof– The more features your roof has, the more difficult it will be to install the roof around them. These features include everything from chimneys to skylights.
- The materials used– The higher quality the shingle is, the more expensive it will cost. When it comes to the typical asphalt shingle, it will cost between $3.50 and $5.50 per square foot, depending on the previous factors involved. This is going to be more expensive if you go with wood shingles or aluminum shingles. High-end shingles, such as natural slate tiles or clay tiles, cost a significant amount more not only because of their quality, but because a stronger roof deck system will need to be installed to hold the weight up such materials.
- The overall labor – In addition to the labor required to tear off your existing roof and install a new roof, the time it takes to do the entire roof replacement, as well as the amount of work cleaning up after the job, will be taken into consideration as well.
As you can see, determining how much it’s going to cost to replace your roof depends on many factors, which can make it difficult to figure out on your own. However, a professional Toledo roofing contractor should be able to do an evaluation of your roof and give you an accurate estimate if you need to have your roof replaced.