Basement Inspection Tips When Buying A Home
Basement waterproofing can greatly enhance the value basement pumps of the house by over 25 percent. If you are considering buying a house, this can be big! However, to make sure you do not have any unexpected surprises when are visiting potential sellers, you must get a home inspection done. There are some vital basement inspection tips when buying a home and as a buyer you need to follow them. Here is why:
- If you are the home buyer, it is imperative that you must get the basement inspected thoroughly before you make any sort of commitment.
- Being a seller, it is imperative that you be pro active about having basement waterproofing performed and your house properly inspected. A single sign of mildew, mold or water issues in the basement could actually make you lose thousands! Do not wait until the potential buyers stops by to look at the house and notices signs of mildew or mold or dampness in the basement.
- The stock of your house will plummet and you being the seller are going to lose thousands of dollars to your potential buyer. Always remember, when you are selling your house, every little thing can add up to a lot of money. Basement waterproofing can appear to be a big cost, until you see what a big investment it really can be when you are selling your house or just living in a home that is free of toxic mold.
- Once you have made the decision to sell your house or other property, have a certified, qualified and insured inspector stop by and determine the condition of the basement and to see if there are any potential issues that should be addressed.
- You will keep the value of the house at or relatively near its actual value.
If you have been following the news, you must know that several contractors and inspectors are operating without the insurance and certifications. Be certain t hat anyone you consider hiring for basement waterproofing in Toronto is bonded and fully certified. Most of the state agencies recommend that they are covered for at least 4500,000. Anything less and you can be asking for big trouble. Always remember, having the basement waterproofed or any sort of foundation work performed can be quite expensive if messed up. To make certain you do not get taken to the cleaners, have professionals working on your home.