Things To Consider Before Moving Into A Loft Apartment
If you are planning to start living independently, there are a lot of rental apartments to choose from. Apartments differ in size and style and are one of the most popular places where college students and young professionals want to live. Apartments for rent in Birmingham with two bedrooms, for example, are the most desirable in that specific location since it is a place where young people ages 21-29 years old cover the 21.9% of the population. Most of the time, new tenants look for apartments with a space enough for studying or working and a space to relax and enjoy their time alone. A loft-type apartment is larger in floor area compared to traditional studio type apartments that are meant for one or two people only.
If you would like to move into your own private space, there is nothing wrong with taking a good look at several loft-type apartments in your area. If you hate small spaces, you might want to check out loft type buildings for a change. But before making the big move, here are some essential things that you should know.
Is it an excellent choice to live in a loft apartment?
Instead of renting out a studio type apartment, which is usually cramped, why not choose a more spacious apartment? Loft apartments have high ceilings and bigger windows that give you more ventilation. With so much floor area, you can do a lot to offer your loft apartment a more homey and welcoming ambiance.
What are the advantages of living in a loft apartment?
– It offers a more prominent space ideal for those who have lots of stuff. Most lofts are three to four times bigger than the average rental apartment.
– It comes with a very flexible floorplan. Most lofts have no dividers, so you are free to rearrange each part depending on your character and personal taste.
– Living in a loft allows you to express your creative side. Most buildings are quite old and yet charming. You can gather a lot of ideas to renovate the space.
What are some of the disadvantages of living in a loft-type apartment?
- Most lofts are not that energy-efficient since they located in old buildings, an abandoned warehouse, or a former factory. The electricity grids and water lines consume more energy as compared to newly built apartments. Prepare to shell out more money in monthly utility bills.
- It lacks storage space like cabinets and drawers. Since lofts are bare, you may need to hire the services of a carpenter or handyman. He could assist you in building the necessary storage spaces for all your things.
- You need careful planning so you can segregate each part of the area. Dividers are required, especially if you plan on getting a roommate, so you could have the privacy that you deserve.
- Some lofts are not accessible to grocery stores, schools, and supermarkets. You need to have a car to get from one place to another compared to if you decide to rent a smaller space in the city where everything is accessible.
Lastly, living in a loft type apartment comes with a set of pros and cons. But living in one gives you a lot of free space for your stuff. You can shop for high quality Liberty furniture best seller beds, dining sets and other furniture without having to worry about space.