Notice: Undefined variable: image_url in /home/447167.cloudwaysapps.com/rcmnqmvwae/public_html/wp-content/plugins/free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle/public/class-free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle-public.php on line 1021
Notice: Undefined variable: image_height in /home/447167.cloudwaysapps.com/rcmnqmvwae/public_html/wp-content/plugins/free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle/public/class-free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle-public.php on line 1022
Notice: Undefined variable: image_width in /home/447167.cloudwaysapps.com/rcmnqmvwae/public_html/wp-content/plugins/free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle/public/class-free-comments-for-wordpress-vuukle-public.php on line 1023
What is that scratching sound you hear at night?
We all at one stage or another have had unwanted pests in our midst. Whether at your home, industrial sites, schools, hospitals, building or work environments, checking for infestations should always be on your priority list.
With the hot summer season upon us there is a wide range of pests you may encounter. But note: As each season ushers in a new one, new potential pests may be lurking just waiting to wreak havoc, destruction or discomfort.
When you have bugs in your building and pests pestering you then it’s time to bring in the big guns, which is why pest control services should be on your speed dial.
We’ll summarize your potential pest problems, empowering you to handle what’s coming.
8 Most Common Residential Pests
When you’re haunted by those sounds it at least helps to know what the possible challenges are. That helps you identify the problem so you can pick the appropriate solution:
- Ants: These little bugs, although tiny, can be a big nuisance. They can enter your home and while foraging for food may contaminate it.
- Termites: Although similar to ants they’re unfortunately not just nuisance pests. They will cause serious damage to wooden structures in your home and over time can destroy them. When termites infest your home, they mean business and that is your que to call in professional help. They’re trained to combat a wide variety of infestations and give you peace of mind.
- Houseflies or fruit flies: Flies are more dangerous than you think because they carry diseases. They frequent rotten food manure, trash and even dead animals. Flies may transmit everything from Typhoid Fever, Cholera, Dysentery, Leprosy and even Anthrax as well as various types of parasitic worms. Although most of these are regarded uncommon, a fly infestation should never be ignored.
- Bed bugs: Although bed bugs are found mostly in your bed and mattresses they may also be found in other areas such as crevices. Bed bugs spread rapidly and very easily, so it is advisable to get pest control services, to help eradicate the infestation.
- Wasps: These insects are mostly found in trees, wall cavities and bushes around your home. If you find a wasp nest, don’t try to get rid of it yourself—it’s too much of a risk and chances are they may return if you don’t do it right.
- Rats: Rats and mice are known to spread diseases. If you’re not sure if you have a mice or rat problem, look out for chewed cables in your home or shuffling noises in your ceiling or floors especially at night time. Droppings and teeth marks in your cupboards and food stuff are also common tell-tale signs that you have uninvited rodent visitors.
- Cockroaches: Roaches as they’re most commonly referred to often come out in the dark. They like to inhabit small, warm and dark places. They feed on almost any type of food and can contaminate your food. Although mostly found in the kitchen, you can encounter them almost anywhere in your home.
- Spiders: Spiders are top of the list of most feared creepy crawlies in the world and are found almost everywhere. They’re attracted to warm, dark spaces such as cracks and crevices, corners & air vents. Not all spiders are poisonous, but some spider bites can be extremely poisonous and deadly. If your comfort or safety will be at risk, it’s worth it to call in the pros.
So you’ve seen the damage, the tell tale signs and the pesky critters. You call the professional commercial pest control services.
What now? As the industry advances, does that present you with good pest control options?
Commercial Pest Control From Then to Now
Pest control management and regulation has come a long way since its inception. Consumers needed help for residences and businesses from pest management professionals:
- They needed to have a system or body that regulated the practice of pest control.
- Communities needed education to ensure while they used homemade concoctions to kill pests such as rodents, it won’t adversely affect the eco systems. For example, should an owl eat a poisoned rat, the poison shouldn’t transfer to the owl and kill it too.
This is the role the National Pest Management Association plays. It’s the nerve centre for both consumers and industry leaders.
How do these organizations provide guidance?
Guidance to Consumers
A well-regulated industry ensures the consumer is educated about the potential harm that pests may pose to families and the environment.
They teach them procedures to follow once they recognize a problem. They learn about the environment, eco systems and its inhabitants. This empowers them to know when to contact specialists who will come to their aid when the need arises.
Guidance to the Industry
The same organizations similarly regulate and educate pest control service providers. They offer them training and education to improve their businesses & keep them profitable.
The skills and education received from the NPMA guide employees, improve businesses & enhance what the industry can provide.
What will you do the next time you hear those sounds at night? In most cases it’s best to call in the pros: They will minimize the pests’ impact and keep you (and your community) safe.
No reason to lie awake at night and worry any longer.